If you have been a fitness enthusiast or have been working for a long time to burn that extra fat by eating fat, then you are particularly wrong here. Now is the time to get up and not just sustain under the rock. Most probably, we all have heard about the keto diet.
Yes! We actually meant the trend of Keto in Australia that is currently very much popular among adults. The keto plans are:
- Usually high fat.
- Low carb diet that involves around 20% of protein.
- 75% of fat.
- 5% of net carbs.
Several pieces of research have stated that it promotes weight loss and can cure chronic conditions like cognitive decline, severe inflammation, and type 2 diabetes.
If you have been lately on some active keto meals cycle, then certainly, you must have heard and tried about the specific foods that are a part of it. For instance, fats like cod liver oil, avocado oil, bacon, egg yolk, and coconut oil are some of the popular foods on the list. Apart from this, dairy products, protein meat, veggies, carbonated water, lemon, coffee, bone broths, and smoothies are also a part of the cycle.
On the other hand, certain foods need to be avoided when beginning with the keto diet. Without any doubt, it may seem quite impossible in the first place. Still, it can be achieved. All you need to do is pay enough attention to the number of carbs you are consuming daily. The foods on the list to avoid are:
- Beans like pinto beans, chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, and black-eyed peas
- Sugar variants like cane sugar, honey, maple syrup, and agave.
- Fruits! Yes, you may find this quite surprising. However, it is a fact that one who is into the keto meals cycle should not consume fruits with high carb levels.
- Next comes the grains like quinoa, barley, wheat, oats, rice, sorghum, etc.
- Lastly, starchy vegetables like peas, yams, carrots, and corn are not on the list.
- Also, make sure to curb those cravings for high sugar drinks, juices, coffee, soda, sports drinks, and other alcoholic beverages with high sugar levels.
In a nutshell, starting with keto plans can be quite challenging for most people. Transitioning to the same not only affects your diet plans but also challenges your routine lifestyle. So a pro tip to keep in mind initially is to have an expert who can help you design keto meal plans. For instance, if you can locate a provider near you offering healthy daily meals cooked with the finest local ingredients and introducing some fun, easy, and delicious products to enjoy Ketosis.