Apart from being photogenic, matcha is an interesting and flavourful type of green tea. It is an impeccable blend of antioxidants and caffeine that contains an amino acid called L-theanine. L-theanine offers a relaxing effect on your body.
According to Healthline, one gram of matcha contains approximately 19-44 mg of caffeine which is significantly lower than coffee. The caffeine in matcha won’t give you side effects like anxiety, headache, depression, etc making it an excellent choice for a regular beverage.
Can you get caffeine-free matcha?
Yes, if you are a caffeine-sensitive person and even a little dose of caffeine brings you sleepless nights, then you can opt for a caffeine-free matcha powder. The decaffeination process of matcha involves the usage of liquid CO2 that leaves behind the matcha powder with minimal traces of caffeine. The health benefits and taste of decaffeinated matcha are almost identical to those of regular matcha. Many people enjoy the flavor of decaffeinated matcha, as it still has a strong aroma and earthy flavor.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy caffeine-free matcha powder. Some of the ideas are given below:
- Use it in smoothies. Matcha powder is a great addition to smoothies for an extra boost of flavor and nutrition. It contains plenty of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can help support your immune system. Just add a teaspoon of caffeine-free matcha powder to your smoothie for a delicious and nourishing blend.
- Use it in baking. Caffeine-free matcha powder can be used in a wide variety of baked goods for a unique flavor. Try adding some to your favorite muffin, cake, or cookie recipe for a delicious green twist.
- Make a matcha latte. Enjoy a warm, comforting matcha latte without caffeine by using matcha powder that’s free of the stimulant. Simply mix the powder with hot water and frothed milk. You can also add flavors like vanilla and honey for an extra special treat.
- Add it to oatmeal. Matcha powder adds a unique flavor and nutrition boost to oatmeal. Combine a teaspoon of caffeine-free matcha with your favorite oatmeal, and top with chopped fruit and nuts for a tasty and hearty breakfast.
- Make matcha popsicles. Beat the heat with a delicious and refreshing caffeine-free matcha popsicle. Simply mix matcha powder with some strong green tea, add some sweetener like honey, and freeze in a popsicle mold.
- Make matcha ice cream. Combine your matcha powder with some coconut milk, a little sweetener, and whatever other flavors you’d like, and freeze it into a delicious, creamy dessert.
All in all,
No matter which way you choose to enjoy caffeine-free matcha powder, you can be sure you’re getting the benefits without the caffeine. You can have the best matcha experience without getting the crash and jitters that are associated with caffeine.